Incredible opportunities surrounds us more than we realize. What it often takes is an open-mind and Rockstar vision to see it…and embrace it.
As you all know, I am a HUGE fan and Big-Time supporter of organizations who are DOING Humanitarian GOOD and (currently or are in the process of) DOING financially WELL.
One organization in particular SOJO (www.thesojo.net, @the_sojo), screams POTENTIAL, supports Risk-takers, Change-makers, and Dreammakers, and is led by the incredibly gifted and multi-talented Kanika Gupta (@_Kanika). Kanika was ecently named among the Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Canada (http://business.financialpost.com/2012/12/04/top-100-most-powerful-women-in-canada-telus-future-leaders-award/).
The amazing team at SOJO are currently looking for a Rockstar Community Builder. Check. It. Out.
We’re on the lookout for passionate individuals committed to building a better world
SoJo helps passionate individuals translate their good intentions into reality. People from all over the world join SoJo for inspiration, encouragement and resources and on how-to take their ideas for social change into action.
We’re looking for a Community Builder to build and nurture the rapidly growing community of learners. (This is much more than a social media management position!) Through this role, you’ll drive the creation, implementation, and development of SoJo’s online community and have the opportunity to work with our product and editorials teams ensuring that SoJo is truly responsive to the needs of our users. At the same time, you’ll facilitate engagement and collaboration amongst our passionate users, to foster meaningful peer-to-peer support groups, monitor and moderate our online discussion forums, and ensure our online community is a welcoming and fun environment. This position will give you the opportunity to own the development of a fast-growing community.
SoJo has ambitious goal and requires equally ambitious team members to make them a reality. We are a young organization that is looking to expand our team to help define and build this organization. As an early-stage start-up, we are growing fast, everyday is different and we are constantly inspired by our community members. Last year, SoJo grew at an exceptional rate and we are excited to dream even bigger.
Are you ready for the ride? If so, we want to work with you!
Community Builder / User Engagement Manager
– Manage and grow a global, dynamic online community of social innovators
– Design a self-maintaining, scalable system for online interactions among social change makers
– Ensure consistent activity and engagement in online discussion forums and social media outlets
– Facilitate the formation of peer-to-peer user collaboration groups (local and online)
– Create and manage process of collecting and analyzing user feedback
– Foster on-site community interactions that are core to improving SoJo’s product offering
– Analyze website analytics and social media interactions
– Identify opportunities and implement solutions that further online engagement
– Foster relationships with new and existing Network Partners
– Be the first responder, a key face of SoJo for the community
– Develop and institute best practices across community, customer care and policy/abuse.
– Demonstrable experience nurturing and growing a product-based online community (forum, Q&A etc)
– Has the judgement necessary to maintain a balance between the community and the individual
– Has worked closely with a product team to improve the product and community
– Fantastic interpersonal skills – you’re diplomatic and love working with people
– A communications expert who knows exactly what to say, or not say
– Strong organizational skills
– Knowledge of social media and online communication tools
– Facilitation skills; experience leading team discussions
– Prior experience in Leadership and team management roles.
– Interest in digital media and online content distribution
– Creative problem solver and strategic thinker
– Team player with the confidence to make product recommendations
– Non-confrontational and open-minded
– Comfortable working independently to meet group goals
– Passion for lifelong learning and interest in online education, social innovation and a love of the web
– Excited by SoJo’s mandate and empowering our community to achieve their goals
– Possess an “entrepreneurial mindset”: committed to learning and self-development every day.
Benefits of working with SoJo
– A unique chance to be involved with an early-stage start-up and be part of the creation of something revolutionary (history in the making)
– Everyday will be different, and you’ll get REAL work experience in a very entrepreneurial and dynamic organization
– Your opinions and content matter. Everyone on the team is treated equally and valued for their contributions
– Mentorship by respected and accomplished individuals
– A great opportunity to build your professional network
– SoJo will connect you to other movers-and-shakers in the technology, online communications, media and social innovation worlds
– You will become a self-made expert on everything related to Social Entrepreneurship. This is a great chance to build a holistic understanding of social innovation and understand what it’s all about.
The Fine Print
This position is a part-time, unpaid role, likely with another co-Community Builder.
SoJo’s office is located downtown Toronto in Dundas Square. It is ideal that the candidate work in-person, however a virtual position is also available.
Send a brief cover letter and your CV to work[at]theSoJo[dot]net
Please include links to the online communities you currently participate in: Twitter, LinkedIn, Blog, Meetup groups, etc. (Share links)