Happy New Week Beautiful People!
As we kick off this amazing week ahead (remember, whatever you believe, you will see;)), I wanted to share this week’s menu, which was inspired by using whatever I have in the fridge/pantry a.k.a. PANTRY CHALLENGE. This is a great way to save money but also an even better way to use your creativity. As the Scotiabank slogan says, “You are richer than you think!”
This week I invite you to raid your pantry, fridge, AND freezer and create one or more delicious meals without having to buy anything (or challenge yourself to keep it under $20 if you must have something) at the store this week. In addition to this week’s menu, I’ve also included FIVE great resources to help inspire you! Let the fun begin!
Here are FIVE great sites/sights to check out!
1. Jennifer Fisher is a mother of six and an author who as she says, “learned to reconcile a tight budget with her love for great food.” Here she shares the SIX Benefits of doing a PANTRY CHALLENGE.
3. Another great source is LOOK & COOK…the name says it all:). This may be one of the most stunning apps I’ve seen.
4. So you have ingredients but don’t know what to do with them? Check out SUPERCOOK-a recipe search engine that allows you to enter the ingredients you have on hand and generates recipe ideas. It was named one of the 50 Best Websites of 2014 by TIME.
5. Eating is one thing. Eating WELL (a.k.a food that actually nourishes you) is a whole other thing. Make your life easier with this great app called FOODUCATE. You can search and/or scan the barcode of many products and it will provide a ranking with benefits, tips, and alternate suggestions (if applicable).
- Ladies (and Gents) Who ________: What’s Your Legacy? - May 15, 2018
- A Letter For Every Mother - April 17, 2018
- Dear Beautiful Soul… - March 28, 2018