It's no secret that I love to read. To be honest, I love words. I love play on words. There is just something about the power and potential that exists when we put letters together. They have the power to impact our mood, our day, our week, our lives. When done well, words can inspire, empower, educate, and elevate.
When I was younger, you could find me reading "Amelia Bedelia" and "The Babysitter's Club" books. Nowadays, you can find me reading anything from healthy living to entertaining, lifestyle to business, spirituality to design, it's endless.
In conversation with others, I am often asked "do you have any good recommendations?"
Introducing the Library of Love!
You asked, I answered:) In response to several requests, I've decided to create a special section at Big Picture Fine Focus dedicated to book reviews and recommendations.
From time to time, I will receive complimentary copies of books from publishers in exchange for an unbiased review. (Many of these books I would have read anyways so it works out!)
Here are a few of my favourites. (Click on each book to read my review:)
Please note: ALL opinions are my own. Raw. Honest. 100% Junk Free.
To check out my (growing) library at Goodreads, click here.
I also post book reviews and share my thoughts on various topics including love, lifestyle, and legacy in my weekly love letters. Interested in having them delivered to your email inbox whenever a new love letter is posted? Simply go to the bottom of this page, enter your email address, and click on the "Hell Yes" button.
If you're looking for an Inspirational Gift for someone, I am a HUGE fan of the folks over at Compendium Publishing
If you're looking for an Inspirational Book with a Spiritual flavour, Susie Larson has a gift with words.
If you're looking for an awesome book for a Foodie, here are some of my favs:
- Deliciously Ella by Ella Woodward
- Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon
- The Love and Lemons Cookbook by Jeanine Donofrio
- Everyday Italian by Giada DiLaurentis
- Look and Cook by Rachel Ray
If you're looking for a book on Life and Leadership here are some of my favs:
- The Art of Possibility by Benjamin Zander and Rosamund Stone Zander
- The Three Laws of Performance by Dave Logan and Steve Zaffron
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Creativity Inc. by Ed Catmull
If you're looking for a book on Healthy Living, check out:
- Healthy Child, Healthy World by Christopher Gavigan
- Ecoholic Body by Adria Vasil
- The Honest Life by Jessica Alba
If you're looking for the Greatest Love Story, this is a must read!
If you're looking for a book on Creativity & Design, here a few of my favs:
- Creativity Inc. by Ed Catmull
- Do Good
Designby David Bergman
- Creative Confidence by David and Tom Kelley
- Soul Pancake
- Ideaspotting: How To Find Your Next Great Idea by Sam Harrison
If you're looking for a book on Fashion, Entertaining, and Great Gift Books check out:
- anything by Kate Spade
- anything Williams-Sonoma
If you're looking for a great Children's Book, here are some of my favs:
- anything by Dr. Seuss
- anything by Herve Tullet
- Zen Pig by Mark and Amy Brown (for every copy of Zen Pig purchased, you will help 10 people get access to clean water for ONE Year! How amazing is that?)
Here are some of my FAVOURITE magazines...
- Darling Magazine
- Kinfolk Magazine
- Vista (They are sometimes free at your local natural and health food stores)
- Success Magazine